610 total views, 2 views today
The Speaker, Ogun State House of Assembly, Rt Hon (Prince) Olakunle Taiwo Oluomo has emerged the Vice Chairman, Conference of Speakers of State legislatures in Nigeria.
Rt Hon Oluomo was unanimously elected at a meeting of the conference held in Leiz Continental Hotel, Abuja on Thursday night.
The Speaker of the Bauchi State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Abubakar Suleiman, is the newly elected chairman of the conference in Nigeria.
The election of Suleiman followed the constitutional end of tenure of Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa, whose executive committee was elected at a meeting of the conference held in Lagos in August 2018.
The constitution of the conference stipulates a two-year term of office for its elected leadership which rotates between the north and the southern part of Nigeria.
Rt. Hon. Obasa who took over from the Speaker of the Kebbi State House of Assembly, Ismail Kamba, formally handed over to Suleiman, who is now saddled with leading the conference for the next two years.
Members of his cabinet include:
- Deputy Chairman (Speaker Delta), Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori
- Treasurer (Speaker Kogi) Rt Hon Matthew Kolawole
- Financial Secretary (Speaker Enugu) Rt Hon Edward Ubosi
- Vice Chair, North West (Speaker Katsina) Rt Hon Tasiu Musa Maigari
- Vice Chair, North East (Speaker Gombe) Rt Hon Sadiq Ibrahim Abubakar
- Vice Chair, North Central (Speaker Plateau) Rt Hon Abok Nuhu Ayuba
- Vice Chair, South West (Speaker Ogun) Rt Hon Olakunle Oluomo
- Vice Chair, South East (Speaker Ebonyi) Rt Hon Nwifuru Francis
- Vice Chair, South South (Speaker Akwa Ibom) Rt Hon Aniekan Bassey