771 total views, 2 views today
The governor of Ogun state, Prince Dapo Abiodun Mfr has reterated his commitment to the education of the children as his biggest priority.
He made this clear while addressing news men today,that his administration have engaged different stakeholders in the educational sector and have received far-reaching recommendations on the need to allow the children to go back to the classroom.
He mentioned that,”In line with the Federal Government resolutions, exit classes, that is – strictly SS3 only (public or private schools) – will resume classes on Tuesday, 4th August, 2020. Then, there will be a 2-week revision classes to prepare the SS3 students for the commencement of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) slated to start on Monday, 17th August, 2020.”
In preparation for this, Prince Abiodun said,”we are putting in place facilities to meet COVID-19 preventive criteria. Amongst others:
A mandatory virtual training on prevention of Covid-19 for our school Administrative Heads and teachers;
- • Decontamination of the schools;
- • Teachers are being trained as first line responders
- • Establishment of sick bays / isolation rooms in each school
- • Provision of face masks
- • Provision of infrared thermometers
- • Provision of adequate supply of running water;
- • Provision of veronica buckets;
- • All School Administrators are to ensure that teachers are frequently trained on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for virtual engagement of students;
- • Principals and Vice-Principals are to ensure staggering of closing time for students;
- • There will not be general school assembly but schools will observe class assembly.”
In addition to this,the governor said There were additional requirements for boarding schools, which the ministry of Education, Science and Technology will communicate to schools with boarding facilities before operating the facilities.
“These measures are also applicable to all private schools operating in Ogun State. As a matter, it should be noted that any School, whether private or public, that fails to comply with these guidelines will not be allowed to reopen. Let me also state that, with the exception of students in the exit classes, all students in our schools would enjoy Automatic Promotion to the next class.”He announced.