790 total views,  2 views today

Press Release

Our Story

  1. A routine maintenance of the Automatic revolving Door at the entrance of Hotel Reception which involved the use of oxyacetylene gas to weld the door hinges was being carried out.
  2. The Oxyacetylene gas cylinder suddenly exploded, killing the technician and one other person yet to be identified.
  3. Three other people were injured and were immediately taken to the hospital. They are responding to treatment.
  4. So far no sabotage is suspected. It is however suspected that the gas cylinder purchased at the open market may be fake and unable to withstand gas pressure.
  5. The incidence of Gas explosions as a result of fake cylinders being sold have become worrisome and of great concern as similar incidents have been reported in several locations in Abeokuta recently with casualties.
  6. The management of the hotel sympathizes with the families and friends of the deceased and wishes to warn the general public of the presence of fake gas cylinders in the market.
  7. This incidence is however greatly regretted.



Engr. Tunde Osinubi
Hotel Facility Manager

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *